Archived course - Course not available
THE ART OF EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION
Dr. Tony Humphreys
In this one day seminar Dr. Humphreys will share a lifetime of learning and experience on a subject which is very dear to his heart. He will illustrate how communication is the life-blood in every social system – marriage, family, classroom, school, workplace, community and church.
• All communication is about yourself;
• The hidden depths of communication;
• Protective communication patterns;
• Open communication patterns;
• Separateness and communication;
• Non-verbal communication;
• All communication makes sense;
• Listening is the fi rst act of communication;
• Blocks to listening;
• Listening to self;
• Effective listening to others;
• The art of confrontation.
Dr Tony Humphreys is a consultant clinical psychologist, internationally acclaimed author of a number of books and specialist lecturer on education, communication and self-realisation both in Ireland and many countries worldwide.
Date: Friday 8th May 2009
Time: 10.00 am to 4.00 pm
Cost: There is no fee for this seminar.
PERSONS WHO HAVE NOT ALREADY TAKEN THIS WORKSHOP AT TARA WILL BE ALLOCATED A PLACE BEFORE THOSE WHO HAVE DONE SO.