Archived course - Course not available
Please check the 2011 listings for available courses
SELF REALISATION IN A TIME OF UNCERTAINITY
Date: Friday 4th May 2012
Dr. Tony Humphreys
Date: Friday 4th May 2012. Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm £40
Self-Realisation in a Time of Uncertainty
The discovery of the ‘I’ – self-realisation – is crucial to a fulfilling life for the individual and for the wellbeing of society.
A great number of people preserve from their childhood years an unresolved need to lean on others, or on work or on success, as if their centre of gravity was elsewhere than within themselves. For these individuals, the necessity to stand on their own two feet is a supremely uncomfortable challenge; a challenge that is urgent in the present social and economic climate.
The seminar will focus on:
- Gaining a conscious awareness of where you are now in terms of self-realisation
- Recognising that lean-to-behaviour has been a substitute for real independence
- Determining the real actions that are needed to discover self-realisation – actions that will stimulate you to use your creative resources in a more progressive way
- Confronting people who attempt to impose artificial goals upon you
- Seeing living and work as adventures rather than test or trials
- Realising your potential – physical, sexual, emotional, intellectual, behavioural, creative, spiritual and social.
- 7 Best Kept Secrets of a Mature Society