Archived course - Course not available
Date: Saturday 10th May 2014
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
This one day ‘experiential’ Continuing Professional Development Workshop will provide psychotherapists, counsellors, health care professionals and allied professionals with an opportunity to enhance their awareness of their own anger. In addition, as participants gain greater awareness of these aspects of themselves, they will gain greater insight as to how to help their clients explore their own anger. This workshop will provide practical tools that will enhance the participant’s capacity to work with clients who are angry.
During the workshop participants will be provided with an opportunity to explore the following:
- Anger Statistics – their meaning for therapists
- Assessment for Angry Clients – 5 Anger Styles
- What is Anger? – Healthy and Unhealthy
- Anger Triggers – Historical Anger v Present – 3 Power Styles
- Volcanoes: Hot or Cold – Human Brain and Anger
- Rule 1 of Anger Management – Anger and Shame.
Cost and Reservation Details:
The workshop will be held at The Tara Centre, 11 Holmview Terrace, Omagh, BT79 0AH; Telephone 028 82250024. The total cost of the workshop (including a light lunch) is £85 and should be paid in advance to Bernard Henry, 14 Hopefield Ave, Belfast, BT15 5AP; Telephone 07525212555.
A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded on completion of the workshop for 6 hours towards CPD.