A future which continues to unfold – Step by Steady Step
- The Deloitte 5-year Business Plan, completed in June this year, forms the basis for Tara’s continuing journey into the future.
- Implementation of its strategies depends on a number of variables, some predictable and quantifiable, some not so.
- The reflection/discernment period, begun in August 2013, set three criteria by which a relevant and viable future might be determined, namely, (i) the on-going relevance of the services provided at Tara, (ii) the availability of sufficient funds to continue to provide those services (from sources which support the core values of the Centre), and (iii) capacity to put robust succession arrangements in place.
- By June of this year the extensive scoping process, in which so many of you actively participated, returned a resounding yes regarding the first of the named criteria. It also delivered a reasonably positive result with regard to the second criterion. In the context of the foregoing two replies the Board of Directors will determine at its September meeting a feasible course of action regarding the third criterion, i.e., the implementation of a viable succession plan.
- Indications presently are that immediately available funding is sufficient to meet the Centre’s short term needs. Additional resources, both human and material, will need to be engaged – in the first instance probably on an interim basis – to facilitate the putting in place of a more robust long term structure of sustainability.
Update October 2014
• A holding position has been established until Summer 2015.
• During these months base-line service delivery will continue and intensive efforts will be made to attract the necessary funding from appropriate sources to enable us return to full capacity of service delivery in due course.
• Among other things, the Tara Centre Fundraising Group (TCFG) is actively engaged in organising a series of fundraising events.
• Persons who wish to ensure Tara’s long term future are invited to complete Standing Order forms with associated Gift Aid capacity where relevant.
• If you wish to respond to this invitation, you will find the appropriate form on this website or by contacting Reception at 02882 250024.