Building Confidence and Self Esteem
Date: Friday 19th May, 2017
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm (sharp) Registration from 9.30-10.00am
Cost: Covered by VSS grant for participants who meet the relevant criteria. £30.00 for persons who do not qualify. Contact Reception for details (028 8225 0024).
Dr. Tony Humphreys
We are delighted to welcome Dr. Humphreys back to the Tara Centre after a somewhat longer than usual period of absence to present this one day seminar: ‘Building Confidence and Self Esteem’.
Getting to know oneself is the most important work of all. It entails developing an intimate relationship with self that has all the hallmarks of an intimate relationship with another. This relationship needs to be both internally and externally active because it is only through action that we can bring about closeness with self and separateness from others.
This active process involves:
- being mindful of self;
- being real with self and others;
- affirming self and others;
- realising your presence – physical, sexual, emotional, intellectual, behavioural, social, creative and spiritual;
- listening to your own inner voice;
- realising the expansiveness of being yourself;
- confronting people who darken your presence;
- confronting cultures that darken your presence;
- staying separate from the shadow behaviours of others;
- finding support for realising self.
In this seminar, Tony will explore the above practical ways of living our own lives in a way that is real, authentic and creates self-wellbeing.