“All Illness Begins in the Gut “– Chronic Inflammatory Disease, Autoimmunity and the Gut Connection
Date: Saturday 23rd June 2018
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm sharp (Registration from 9.30am to 10.00am) - Refreshments on arrival at 9:30am / Lunch provided
Dr Aileen O’Kane MD
Dr Aileen O’Kane practised conventional medicine from the early 70s to mid-90s. Through a personal illness in the early 90s she became very aware of the body/spirit/mind connection and subsequently studied many aspects of holistic health. For the last 15 years she has been practising Holistic Medicine – Ayurveda, Craniosacral Therapy and Emotional Freedom Technique. In the last few years she has been looking more closely at the cutting edge research and clinical experience which links chronic inflammatory illness and the gut and in this Seminar she will share some practical aspects of this information.
Chronic Inflammatory Illnesses like diabetes, arthritis, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel, psoriasis and eczema, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, obesity, heart disease etc. are rampant in our modern society. Could all of these be linked to what is going on in our gut? The answer is yes and in this seminar we will look at: –
- inflammation, chronic inflammation, immunity and autoimmunity;
- the bacteria in our gut (our microbiome);
- factors that disturb the balance of these bacteria;
- the scandal of the many myths about nutrition;
- leaky gut. How leaky gut plays its part in inflammation;
- the gut/brain connection and changes each of us can make in our diet and life styles to prevent or reverse inflammation.