Archived course - Course not available
All Illness Begins in the Gut
Date: Saturday 18th May 2019
Time: 10.00am – 4.00pm Registration: 9.30am – 10.00am
Cost: Your place is secured by payment of £10 Registration Fee. VSS Subsidises the rest of the cost for participants who meet the criteria. (£30.00 for those who do not qualify)
Dr Aileen O’Kane MD
The connection between lifestyle, health & well-being
Dr Aileen O’Kane practised conventional medicine from the early 70s to mid-90s. Through a personal illness in the early 90s she became very aware of the body/spirit/mind connection and subsequently studied many aspects of holistic health.
For the last 15 years she has been practising Holistic Medicine – Ayurveda, Craniosacral Therapy and Emotional Freedom Technique.
Chronic Inflammatory Illnesses like diabetes, arthritis, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel, psoriasis and eczema, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, obesity, heart disease etc. are rampant in our modern society. Could all of these be
linked to what is going on in our ‘gut’? The answer is yes and in this seminar we will look at:
- inflammation, chronic inflammation, immunity and autoimmunity;
- the bacteria in our gut (our microbiome);
- factors that disturb the balance of these bacteria;
- the scandal of the many myths about nutrition;
- how leaky gut plays its part in inflammation;
- the gut/brain connection and changes each of us can make in our diet and life styles to prevent or reverse inflammation.
Refreshments: Tea & Coffee provided on arrival at 9.30am / Lunch provided