“All illness begins in the gut” – Connecting lifestyle, health & well-being
Date: Saturday 7th September 2019
Time: 10.00am Sharp – 4.00pm
Cost: The cost is £10 for those who meet VSS Grant criteria. £30 otherwise.
Dr Aileen O’Kane
Dr Aileen O’Kane practised conventional medicine from the early 70s to mid-90s. Through a personal illness in the early 90s she became very aware of the body/spirit/mind connection and subsequently studied many aspects of holistic health. For almost 20 years she has been practising Holistic Medicine – Ayurveda, Craniosacral Therapy and Emotional Freedom Technique.
In the last few years she has been looking more closely at the cutting edge research and clinical experience which links chronic inflammatory illness and the gut and in this Seminar she will share some practical aspects of this information.
Chronic Inflammatory Illnesses like diabetes, arthritis, asthma, rheumatoid arthritis, irritable bowel, psoriasis and eczema, chronic fatigue syndrome, fibromyalgia, obesity, heart disease etc. are rampant in our modern society. Could all of these be linked to what is going on in our ‘gut’? The answer is yes and in this seminar we will look at:
- inflammation, chronic inflammation, immunity and autoimmunity;
- the bacteria in our gut – our microbiome;
- factors that disturb the balance of these bacteria;
- the scandal of the many myths about nutrition;
- how leaky gut plays its part in inflammation;
- the gut/brain connection and changes each of us can make in our diet and life styles to prevent or reverse inflammation.
“Nothing can make our life, or the lives of other people, more beautiful than perpetual kindness.”