Archived course - Course not available
An Introduction to Ayurveda – Part 2
Date: Saturday 2nd November 2019
Time: 10.00am Sharp – 4.00pm
Cost: The cost is £10 for those who meet VSS Grant criteria £60 otherwise
Dr Aileen O’Kane
Ayurveda is the ancient system of healing which originated in India more than 5,000 years ago. Following on from the essentials of Part 1, you will further your understanding of Ayurveda to include deeper learning.
In Part 2, you will explore:
- the link between the Gut and Illness – according to Ayurveda all illness begins in the gut. Ayurveda has taught this fact for 6,000 years. Today modern scientific research supports that belief.
- As part of the disease process, current information and the link between leaky gut and chronic inflammatory illness and autoimmune disease.
- Agni – Agni is the fire of digestion and good digestion is key to health. How can we naturally increase our powers of digestion? This is a topic central to Ayurveda.
- Food in more detail – Foods have different energetic effects on the body and mind and we will look in more detail at specific foods, their energies and their effects on each dosha.
- Ayurvedic detoxification
- Ayurveda and the Mind – Ayurveda is a Holistic System of Healing so we will have referred all through the workshop to the connection of Body/Spirit/Mind but in this section we will look specifically at Mental and Spiritual Dispositions as related to the different doshas and hence our Constitutions.
Note: Attendance at An Introduction to Ayurveda Part 1 is essential.
“Ayurveda is the science of life and it has a very basic, simple kind of approach, which is that we are part of the universe and the universe is intelligent and the human body is part of the cosmic body, and the human mind is part of the cosmic mind, and the atom and the universe are exactly the same thing, but with different form, and the more we are in touch with this deeper reality, from where everything comes, the more we will be able to heal ourselves and at the same time heal our planet”.