The Tara Centre, Omagh was founded in 1996 on the conviction that a radical new vision is needed for humanity and its relationship to the Cosmos.
Many people in Northern Ireland are seeking to build a society which encourages a sense of the sacred in all aspects of life, where diversity can be experienced as enrichment and pain as the raw material of deep personal transformation. They are wondering whether and how to invest their own lives in making a difference.
Inspired by a vision of cosmic awareness, the Tara Centre provides a safe, nurturing space in which:
- to heal and transcend pain and trauma;
- to bring hope to those in despair;
- to build an inclusive community of peace and reconciliation;
- to support those who seek to free themselves from the poverty trap and its negative consequences;
- to educate beyond narrow, tribal, divisive loyalities;
- to educate towards a deep, active and enlightened awareness of this amazing universe of which humaity forms an integral part.
The holistic philosophy which informs the Tara Centre’s vision encourages intellectual enquiry and shapes a wide range of healing and life-enhancing initiatives. These are experienced in the caring environment of a healing community and a warm welcoming building where the entire ethos breathes respect.
At the Tara Centre, people often find a new direction for their lives. They come in touch with deep inner resources, and are reminded that there are others who share their values about life and its meaning, and find inspiration in a communal quest.