Co-Ordinator of Therapeutic Services
Tara Centre is a leading Registered Charity based in Omagh, Co Tyrone. It has delivered a wide range of holistic healing interventions and associated educational programmes, “…in the service of healing, peace and holistic wellbeing”, for over 23 years. In order to carry this work into the future the Tara Centre wishes to appoint a:
Co-Ordinator of Therapeutic Services
The Co-Ordinator of Therapeutic Services will hold a key position in sustaining the ethos, vision and values of the Centre and ensuring that the established high professional standards in the provision of the core therapeutic services entrusted to her/his care are maintained and upheld at all times.
- hold a recognised degree/third level/post graduate qualification in counselling/psychotherapy or art therapy from a theoretical orientation which supports depth work;
- have an awareness of and engage with the transpersonal dimension of life in the context of therapeutic work;
- be an accredited member of a counselling/psychotherapy or art therapy organisation such as BACP, BABCP, IACP, BAAT for at least 5 years;
- have at least 5 years’ supervised experience, in a paid capacity, as a practising Counsellor/Psychotherapist or Art Therapist, at a one-to-one level;
- hold a recognised qualification in counselling/psychotherapy and/or art therapy clinical supervision and have at least 3 years’ experience as a recognised practitioner in this capacity in one or more of these disciplines;
- have at least 3 years’ relevant experience in people and organisational management;
- have a demonstrable commitment to on-going professional development;
- have an inspirational approach in leading and co-ordinating a team of Therapists;
- have personal experience of engaging in her/his own counselling/psychotherapeutic process;
- have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- be proficient in the use of MS Word & Excel.
- have a proven track record of commitment to honouring the highest levels of confidentiality and discretion;
- have demonstrable dedication and motivation, with an understanding of and empathy for the Third Sector;
- be a highly motivated team worker who is gifted with a gracious and affable manner;
- have acute awareness of and sensitivity to human vulnerability;
- be committed to exercising flexibility in relation to hours of work as required to fulfil the role to an acceptable high level of service.
- experience of facilitating/delivering training opportunities to experienced Counsellor/Psychotherapists and Art Therapists;
- training & experience of some relevant form of couples, family or group work;
- have at least a basic qualification and/or some personal experience of one or more of the complementary therapy range of treatments offered at this Centre;
- hold a recognised professional qualification to at least practitioners’ diploma level in one or more of the complementary therapy treatments offered at this Centre;
- be an accredited member of FHT or other professional complementary therapy accrediting organisation;
- be trained and/or experienced in the use of CORENet, or commit to developing and using that skill as an integral part of the exercise of the COTS role.
The employer reserves the right to utilise the Desirable Criteria for shortlisting purposes, if necessary.
While the Employer’s first choice is to offer this post to One Person Only, the Employer reserves the right to consider a Job Share, should the result of the recruitment process so indicate.
Remuneration: Salary will be negotiable depending on levels of qualification and experience.
The post is part funded by Victims & Survivors Service, (VSS).
Initially a fixed term contract for 1 year; there is the possibility of permanency, subject to the usual terms and conditions of employment and the availability of funding.
Candidates who meet the criteria, as published, will be invited for interview during the week beginning 11th November 2019.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND TO REQUEST AN APPLICATION PACK, PLEASE CALL:
Pat O’Kane on 028 3025 2407 / 00 44 (0)7768 262758 .
O’Kane Resourcing is an agency which has been engaged by the Tara Centre in Omagh to act on its behalf.
CANVASSING WILL AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFY
The Tara Centre is an equal opportunities employer