Job Vacancies – Counselling / Psychotherapy
The Tara Centre is a leading Registered Charity based in Omagh. We have developed and delivered a wide range of holistic healing interventions and associated educational programmes for twenty-two years, “… in the service of healing, peace and holistic wellbeing”. Counselling/Psychotherapy has at all times been to the forefront in our service provision. We now wish to appoint two additional Counsellors/Psychotherapists.
- One Post is Maternity Cover for 26 weeks with the possibility of an extension, part funded by the Victims and Survivors Service, (VSS);
- Our second Post is a Fixed Term Contract, initially for one year. There is a possibility of permanency depending on funding;
- Each Post is for four days per week, total of 30 hours.
- a Diploma/Advanced Diploma, PG Diploma or Foundation Degree in Counselling/Psychotherapy from an orientation which is capable of supporting depth work as the practice requires;
- be an accredited Member of a counselling/psychotherapy organisation, (e.g. BACP, BABCP, IACP or equivalent), or be actively engaged in the accreditation process, with the expectation that this process be completed within twelve months of taking up the post;
- commitment to maintaining accredited status for the duration of employment at the Centre;
- have supervised experience as a Counsellor/Psychotherapist in a variety of psychotherapeutic/counselling situations at one to one level;
- have on-going supervision arrangements in place in accordance with BACP, BABCP, IACP or equivalent Code of Ethics;
- have commitment to procuring professional therapeutic support in dealing with such personal issues as may significantly impact the counselling/psychotherapy process;
- show commitment to professional development through a postgraduate training record;
- experience of maintaining a regular caseload of five counselling/psychotherapy sessions per day;
- possess excellent written and verbal skills;
- be available, as necessary, after 5.00pm on at least one regular working day.
- hold a Degree with content relevant to the practice of counselling/psychotherapy;
- experience of having delivered a minimum of 1,000 hours of individual counselling/psychotherapy sessions, preferably in a counselling/psychotherapy organisation/agency, post accreditation;
- have an ease with the use of technology, e.g. MS Word, Outlook;
- have an understanding of and empathy for the Third Sector.
Terms & Conditions
The Selection Panel reserves the right to utilize one or more of the Desirable Criteria in addition to the Essential Criteria for shortlisting and/or selection purposes. The Company reserves the right to offer a Job Share to two or more candidates who reach the standard required at interview.
Further appointments may be made from this recruitment process. All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
The Tara Centre is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Salary: To be determined on the basis of qualification and experience in accordance with NJC Pay scale.
To request an Application Pack, which contains an Application Form, detailed Job Description and Person Specification, please email firstname.lastname@example.org OR contact Margaret Spencer, CEO, at the Tara Centre on 028 8225 0024.
Closing date for the return of completed Application Forms: By 5pm on Monday 10th December 2018. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.