Two Counselling/Psychotherapy posts now available
The Tara Centre is a leading Registered Charity based in Omagh, Co. Tyrone. It has developed and delivered a wide range of holistic healing interventions and associated educational programmes for over two decades, “… in the service of healing, peace and holistic well-being”.
Counselling/Psychotherapy has been to the forefront in its service provision. The Centre now wishes to appoint additional Counsellors/Psychotherapists. Two positions will be part funded by the Victims and Survivors Service (VSS) and will be Fixed Term Contracts initially for one year. All posts will be on the basis of a four day, 30 hours, working week.
- a Diploma/Advanced Diploma, Post Graduate Diploma or Foundation Degree in counselling/psychotherapy from an orientation which is capable of supporting depth work as the practice requires;
- be an accredited member of a counselling/psychotherapy organisation, (e.g., BACP, IACP or equivalent), or be actively engaged in the accreditation process, with the expectation that this process be completed within twelve months of taking up the post;
- commitment to maintaining accredited status for the duration of employment at the Centre;
- have supervised experience as a counsellor/psychotherapist of a variety of psychotherapeutic/counselling situations at one-to-one level;
- have on-going supervision arrangements in place in accordance with BACP, IACP or equivalent Code of Ethics;
- have commitment to procuring professional therapeutic support in dealing with such personal issues as may significantly impact the counselling/psychotherapy process;
- show a commitment to professional development through a postgraduate training record;
- maintain a regular caseload of five counselling/psychotherapy sessions per full working day;
- possess excellent written and verbal skills;
- be available, as necessary, after 5.30pm on regular working days.
- hold a third level qualification with content relevant to the practice of counselling/psychotherapy;
- be an accredited member of a counselling/psychotherapy organisation for at least three years;
- have experience of having delivered a minimum of 1,000 hours of individual counselling/psychotherapy sessions, preferably in a counselling/psychotherapy organisation/agency, post accreditation;
- have an understanding of and empathy for the Third Sector.
The Selection Panel reserves the right to utilise one or more of the Desirable Criteria in addition to the Essential Criteria for shortlisting and/or selection purposes.
The Company reserves the right to offer a Job Share to two or more candidates who reach the required standard at interview.
Further appointments may be made from this recruitment process.
All applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
The Tara Centre is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Salary: To be determined on the basis of qualification and experience in accordance with NJC Pay scale.
To request an Application Form and detailed Job Description and Person Specification, please email email@example.com OR contact the Tara Centre 028 82 250024.
Closing date for return of completed Application Form: 5.00pm, Thursday 19th October 2017.